Saturday, August 17, 2013

Another Look at Buzzen Shows Much Improved Chatting

I will be the first to admit that I was dreading switching chatting sites to BUZZEN after I finally accepted that PHREIK Chat is managed and hosted by people who don’t have a clue and worse, don’t want a clue. Let’s just say that the name PHREIK pronounced freak suits them well.  They made a good choice.
I’ll be including  in forthcoming posts  … well… chat logs, whisper logs, emails, publicly available screen grabs and so forth. In other words, the freaky evidence to help you to understand how I came to be of this opinion.
Anyway, BUZZEN has been around since at least 2005 or ’04. Back then it was called NSM (MSN backwards).
It was an alternative to MSN Chat which had went paid subscription in October 2003.
I started chatting there probably not long after I resigned Hosting for MSN Chat in March 2005. .
When MSN Chat closed in October 2006, I did move to BUZZEN along with many friends until I discovered that a former MSN CHA called StormWatcher had become their chat manager.
The problem as I saw it was that when I was Hosting on MSN, StormWatcher and his clique didn’t like me at all and was always trying to get me removed.
However, one day in January 2005 he along with three other CHA’s were fired from MSN.
I wasn’t looking to Host at BUZZEN, I just assumed that with StormWatcher now in a high enough position, I felt that I could see the handwriting on the wall and would probably be eventually banned or given a hard time.
So I left BUZZEN to what turned out to be a waste of many years at PHREIK Chat.
My epiphany about PHREIK appeared on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, when I observed PHREIK Chat Managers appoint an online chatroom player (see a subsequent series of posts The BeguilingMyst Phenomena) known before hand, by them, to be a liar, grifter, spammer and otherwise unethical and deceptive host and chatter to Host their Espressobar chatroom.
I just couldn’t take it any more, especially after just the previous month watching her attempting to deceive some male PHREIK Members like Slurpy and v3euk as well as myself; her pretending to be the 22 year old chatter Liger and all the rest of the crazy lies she told and bizarre behavior.
This misconduct of Mist’s  and more had all been reported by me who had witnessed it to the PHREIK Management — because I was Hosting TheLobby with Mist while she was doing it.
A PHREIK Guide, Guide_Neka, aka Gracee, agreed with me and from her perch shared that PHREIK knew even more about what Mist was up to.
What’s interesting is that Guide_Neka, aka Gracee was also TheLobby room Caretaker and instead of removing Mist’s Hosting Privilege which would have seemed like the common sense and prudent thing to have done, instead — both her and I had to leave TheLobby and go to ChitChat to get away from Mist and her lies and bizarre behavior.
So despite all that and despite what a reasonable minded person would expect from a competent chatroom manager, who had their Members (not to mention PHREIK’s or even chat itself) best interest at heart, they made her a Host of their supposedly flagship chatroom, Espressobar. yep freaky.
So, after asking for a curse on PHREIK for their foolishness, wickedness and deception LOL, I hustled over to register at BUZZEN.
At the end of the registration process, I was automatically placed in BUZZEN’s The Lobby chatroom where much to my surprise it was being Hosted by what turned out to be a great Host Rebel.
He really made me feel comfortable in greeting and welcoming me and explaining to me how BUZZEN works introducing me to the other room regulars and helping me to fit in — you know things that you’d expect from a chatroom Host.
That evening an old friend of mine and regular chatter from MSN 30s Main, chatnickname RyanBelmore happened in and it was great seeing him again and catching up.
Don’t get me wrong, there are times when The Lobby at BUZZEN is slow, like when the regulars are out doing something in real life but it picks back up again.
BUZZEN doesn’t just consist of The Lobby they have other busy chatrooms, for instance 40s (under Peers) is usually always packed out.
But hey don’t take my word for it. I invite you to check out PHREIK and compare the experience to BUZZEN. I bet you’ll be shocked at what you find.
Originally Posted on August 16, 2013 at:

No comments:

Post a Comment