Sunday, August 18, 2013

Why is PHREIK Chat Ownership so Secretive?

Back in late June this year I had given some serious thought to purchasing a VIP Subscription from PHREIK.

This was shortly after I was approached in Espressobar by PHREIK Host, Mist and asked  by her and Admin_Cyra to help her Host a new Official PHREIK Chat Room called ChitChat.

A PHREIK VIP Subscription costs $4.50 a month or $54.00 per year. With it comes the ability to view the chatnickname of anyone that's signed in, who in turn views your profile. You get some other stuff like an @PHREIK.COM email addresse(s) and more storage and fast tracked Member Support -- which if it is anything like the lousy regular Member support, only faster, isn't worth in my opinion maybe two cents.

When I started looking around for information on how to contact PHREIK's main office I couldn't find anything.

For example, if you look at PHREIK's Donations page you will notice that they want you to use a paypal account to pay something called STEALTH HOLDINGS.

That's it just STEALTH HOLDINGS - no Inc,. L.L.C., LTD., etc.

It appears to be set up as a Sole Proprietorship or Doing/Business/As (DBA) account belonging to who knows who.

What's more,  when I whois'd phreik.net to try and find out who the domain is registered to, I learned that information is blocked behind a domain service. (You might have to click the picture to enlarge).


Same with phreik.com.

To be fair, it does say towards the bottom of the PHREIK Chat Donations page that, "Other arrangements can be made if you would like to subscribe to a few months or a whole year in one go rather then making recurring donations or if you dont use paypal, just visit the HelpDesk anytime."

Still though, why should I have to go to the HelpDesk just to get a postal address, providing they would give me one? For all I know the HelpDesk Guide could be giving me his own address -- Notice that it doesn't even mention what country STEALTH HOLDINGS is located in. What if I wanted to report something that I thought a HelpDesk Guide was up to?

It makes me wonder what is with all this secrecy if PHREIK Chat is even a real company? I noticed that their About Us page is totally blank. The Contact Us page is just a generic email form. It seems that an honest company would want a customer to be able to verify it from independent sources.

Anyway, last week after I moved to BUZZEN, I wondered if their ownership info was so hard to come by.

The first thing I did was click their Make a donation! button. Below is a full screen capture of what I saw:

BUZZEN also uses paypal to take donations but if you look at the bottom of the page there is a name and postal address to contact the owner.

BUZZEN's whois domain registration information isn't hidden either:


Of course there is no way that I can prove that I would have sent PHREIK Chat any money, because I never did. It's purely speculation. I know that I could have and I would like to think that had my experience with them turned out to have been a positive one I would have.

BUZZEN has a postal address though, so time will tell. stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment